Metropolitan Public Company for the Management of Tourist Destinations – Quito Tourism.
Public relations and representation in Europe, North America and rest of the world.
● Develop the communication and public relations plan aimed at trade and media to strengthen, increase and consolidate Quito’s presence as a tourist destination in the European, North American and Latin American markets.
● Promote Quito and its tourist attractions in international markets with actions aimed at the tourism industry, specialized press and end consumers.
● Position Quito as a tourist destination focused on the leisure and MICE segments, the key tourism players in these segments.
● Use marketing and communication tools to position Quito as a competitive destination at the international level.
● Implementation of a worldwide marketing and communication plan.
● Management of relations with the international media.
● Organization and support at international trade fairs, presentations, press conferences and trade missions.
● Organization of Roadshows and BTL actions in Europe and North America.
● Management of cooperative campaigns with European tourism industry stakeholders to maximise the impact of promotion.
● Organization of familiarization trips and press trips.
● Advice on the planning of advertising campaigns and actions; advertising design; advice and management of advertising contracts.
● Drafting, translation and distribution of press releases and newsletters.
● Management of the social and institutional crisis generated by the massive popular mobilization against various political decisions in June 2022.
● Monitoring and clipping of press impacts.
● Presence of the Quito in the media worth more than 1.5 million euros.
● 50 press releases distributed to the European and American media.
● Organization of 24 familiarization trips and press trips to the destination.
● Crisis communication management during the uprisings in Ecuador.
● Logistical support and implementation of the agenda for the LATA, FITUR, WTM, Top Resa, ITB, We Think and BirdFair trade fairs.
● More than 50 agents and tour operators trained through sales missions, roadshows and BTL actions.